Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Weekend


I have been relaxing at home over this Easter break. I have quickly read through week 5 Wiki's and added some comments to the NSWlearning 2.0 wiki. That was fun and many interesting comments on their as well. It seems we are mostly misunderstood by the public who use us as well as the ones that don't. We may need to look into offering guided tours of our Libraries during operating times for interested parties to learn about us in the work place!!. I have just printed off some material for my Diploma studies which will be kicking into high gear over the next few weeks, which will keep me very busy. I am enjoying the challenge of learning all these interesting Web2.0 gizmo's, trying to fit in the time at work is near impossible, however I love getting together with my colleagues and discussing how we are going and helping them if I can.

I can see great scope for Wiki's in the work place for ease of communication with interest groups, as I am sure we would all agree communicating is a difficult part of keeping staff and other colleagues up to date with projects etc. and a great place for idea sharing. My post would'nt be complete without my adding a pix of my girl Anika. This shot was taken a few years ago on Sawtell headland.

2 comments:

Elyse said...

Hi! These are the links..
http://www.blogarithm.com/getSticker.html
for the email subscription, which is easy (for once in a web while!) I'm not sure if you have to subscribe.
and this
http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/home
is for the feed. Instead of using the word 'subscribe' or 'add' they like confusing people by saying 'burn'. At least, it threw beginners like me. You have to register to this to get it. (see up the top right hand corner, 'register' is hidden quite nicely).
Hope this helps and looking forward to when I can subscribe!!
Happy learning and setting up,
Elyse
P.S. I think it (feedburner) has some sort of site you can log into and it tells you how many people have subscribed.. but I'm not 100% sure.

Judy @ Coffs Kids said...

Hi Adnil

How right you are that we need to filter to the community the purpose & scope of a contemporary library service. We are true gatekeepers to the world of information & thereby we facilitate the growth of knowledge in our community. We need to determine a method of showing our relevance to those sectors of the community that are yet to realise the way in which we can enhance many aspects of their existence. Perhaps by establishing a plethora of Blogs and bombarding the knowledge base we might attract the attention of the media to pick up on our quest.