Sunday, April 6, 2008

Del.icio.us weekend

I have much going on at the moment and have not spent alot of time on my blog lately. I have now made my del.icio.us account and am awaiting my confirmation email. I see there is a possibility to use this program to help keep track of internet sites used by staff to assist students with research on topics that get repeatedly asked for (from many branches over several weeks). If we tagged sites under the related topic we would have only one site to visit, to show students or other staff where to find relevant information. I had a quick browse of Technarti and found many interesting sites, the 'nswpln2008' only brought up a few listings, after initally saying it could'nt find anything. I had a lovely day yesterday when a bunch of my colleagues headed to Judy's place for a Body Shop party. We (read me) got us lost on the way. I had a lovely bunch of people with me and they could see the fun of it all. And of course we got to pamper ourselves when we did finally arrive. Thankfully the food hadn't all been eaten either. Time to go and do some work on my studies. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Judy @ Coffs Kids said...

Hi Adnil. Glad you had a nice day yesterday - getting lost is easy out here, but at least the scenery is good along the way. I too am looking forwarding to 'pampering' - will have to make time for that!.
I had a look at the AskNow del.icio.us page - http://del.icio.us/usefulresources?settagview=cloud
Some links were good - but I agree with you that we could use this as a tool for our own library - redo our "librarian links" via del.icio.us, thereby making is easier to add / delete relevant topics. We could customise it to suit the assignments that are current, and the contributions would be instant. I set up a del.icio.us account ages ago - but it had no real purpose so it didn't last. All things need a purpose in life to maintain relevance - even if it is delicious!
Light hearted look...
http://del.icio.us/DAPDenis/Parramatta

Elyse said...

Hey, I've got myself and others lost so many times it's not funny!! Except, the others are usually running late in the first place, so it's often stressful.
Happy learning!
Elyse
P.S. I got kinda stuck with podcasts and Delicious. I think it's just as well there are only 3 or 4 more to go.